Who We Are
Garden Sanctuaries Landscaping & Design, LLC.
Garden Sanctuaries Landscaping & Design, LLC has been serving the landscaping needs of Richmond, VA and its vicinities since 1996. We are a licensed, certified, and insured, family-owned/operated landscape design-build company. We focus first and foremost on honesty and integrity in contracting and conscientiousness in customer relationships. Because of this, we have been rewarded with very loyal, long-term clientele.
WE ARE ALL ABOUT HONESTY, INTEGRITY, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
2Time Hardscape Hero Winners
& General Contractor
& Horticulture Designer
& Hardscape Designer
Foremen are the crew-leaders. They are in charge of supervising, directing, and coordinating the work of their crew. Foremen are essential to the construction of each of our projects and ensure production stays on schedule. We put our full trust in these experienced men and we hope you will too.
Our Design/Build Process
Garden Sanctuaries Landscaping & Design, LLC. takes each step of construction seriously and makes a point to keep our company’s operations as transparent to our clients as possible. If you are looking into improving your property, please have a look at what to expect when contracting your ideal landscape design with our staff and crew.
- Client contacts office to schedule a free consultation.
- Designer meets client at improvement site to discuss ideas on how to benefit property in a way that best suits client’s lifestyle.
- Drawing and quote are created.
- Follow-up appointment is scheduled.
- Quote and design are presented to client by Designer.
- Client and Designer discuss scope of work and establish order of operations by moving forward with entire project or breaking project into parts.
- Service Contract is signed.
- Client receives updates via open communication by office.
- Shortly before construction begins, our office contacts client to schedule last meeting between client and Designer.
- Designer and client confirm and finalize project details such as design, colors, and any add-ons (ex. lighting or plants).
- Communication between client and company is now transferred from the Designer over to the General Contractor.
- The longest and ugliest step in the construction process.
- The foundation and most essential part of any hardscape. This includes leveling, compacting, and slope.
- Materials get put in.
- Here is the most visual progress.
- Final details are set, project is completed, site is cleaned (as it is at the end of every workday), and extra materials are hauled off.
We love hearing back from clients and being invited to take pictures of the final product after furniture and personal details are added.
We just wanted to say “thanks” for the beautiful work you did at our house. Our expectations were greatly exceeded and your great staff made it a memorable experience. The flower beds came out looking even better than expected with your excellent recommendations on the plants, edging and mulch.
We’re so glad to have found a company with such a knowledgeable staff to know what our yard needed. Before, nothing would grew, but now, thanks to you guys, we’re blooming like never before! We will definitely be calling you when it comes time to put in our patio and walkway. Thanks for everything you do!
Jay was easy to work with and came for appointments on time and as scheduled. He always returned my calls and answered my concerns. He listened to what I wanted in the patio. The crew worked hard.
We love the end result, it was worth the wait !
The Lewis Family
There are not enough words available to describe Garden Sanctuaries! They do more than what is expected … continuously going above and beyond what is asked. They consistently come up with original ideas and always add in our thoughts and wishes, tweaking them so everything connects. The plants are beautiful and the stone work is great. They make the new landscaping work with our existing plantings so it is a seamless connection.
They are always kind, professional and easy to work with. Even our dog likes them! The Garden Sanctuaries team is always only a call away when things need to be maintained, even for the miscellaneous weeds and odd jobs around the house. I don’t know what we would do without them!
The Bottorf Family
Great job, we really love our patio and flower bed wall.
I called Garden Sanctuaries for a much needed cleaning of our patio pavers. They were extremely professional and courteous in addressing our concerns. They did an exceptional job restoring our pavers to their original look by using the appropriate cleaning solution and without taking any shortcuts in the actual cleaning process.